Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS 18001)
- The OHSAS 18001 specification gives requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, to enable an organisation to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risk associated with its activities.
- It requires a Health and Safety Policy to be established which is authorised by the organisations senior management, which clearly states the overall health and safety objectives and a commitmentto continual improvement of the organisations health and safety performance.
- The health and safety policy shall also include a commitment to at least comply with current applicable OH&S legislation and with other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- The health and safety policy shall be communicated to all employees with the intent that employees are made aware of their individual OH&S obligations and be available to interested parties.
- The OH&S management system shall be periodically reviewed to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the nature and scale of the organisations OH&S risks.
Click here to view a PDF version of the OHSAS 18001 certificate.