Health & Safety
Health & Safety Policy Statement
James Cropper plc is a manufacturer of speciality coloured paper and board products, non-woven fabrics and the design, manufacture and supply of coloured thermoformed pulp products.
"An absolute commitment to safety" is a fundamental and enduring value of the business.
- We believe that all our activities can be carried out safely and will conduct our business in a way that will prevent injury and ill health to all our employees, contractors and other third parties including outsourcing services.
- We will ensure that we carry out our duties as set out in legislation and will refer to guidance from government organisations and trade bodies to attain best practice to achieve safe working and other requirements as applicable.
- Everyone at James Cropper plc has responsibility for their own safety and for the safety of others.
- Overall responsibility rests with top management who will show committed and enthusiastic leadership in promoting a positive health and safety culture.
- We shall seek to engage and involve all workers and their representatives in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment through their consultation and participation.
- We will strive for continual improvement in our health and safety performance and our management system. We will set health and safety objectives and will monitor performance through formal auditing and reporting.
- We will identify the hazards and risks associated with our activities and put control measures in place to eliminate hazards and reduce risks. These will be reviewed and revised in the light of any changes.
- We will train our employees so that they are skilled and qualified to carry out their jobs safely and select contractors who can demonstrate their competence and ability to work safely.
We shall continue to meet the requirements of the OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management System and maintain our registration to the standard, while working to migrate to ISO 45001 by November 2020.
Phil Wild Paul K Allan Mark Cropper
Chief Executive FOC Unite the Union Chairman