Manufacturing Team Leaders (Days and Shift)
Location: Kendal, Cumbria Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 12 April 2018 Ref.: PLC053 Application: 27 April 2018 Salary: Days £37,979.24 Shift £40,300.70
The James Cropper PLC Group manufactures high quality specialist paper, advanced materials and moulded paper packaging. With a proud history stretching back more than 170 years at its base near Kendal in Cumbria, the company exports to customers in more than 50 countries. As we continue to accelerate our growth plans, we have some exciting opportunities available:
We have a number of Team Leader roles, in Converting & 3DP, Finishing, or Papermaking, where you’ll be given the framework and support to hone and develop your skills in driving operational performance.
A key part of these roles will be to lead sustainable improvements in all areas, including safety, quality, cost, delivery and people. The ability to communicate and develop individuals and teams is essential, as well as being able to liaise with key functional areas to develop plans, and provide operational support to customer & supplier visits.
Personal development will be owned by the successful candidate, with full support provided by the wider team and HR.
Our ideal candidates will have experience leading teams and projects in a manufacturing environment. You should have experience producing high quality product and operating in a fast moving environment where safety is a key focus.
- Continuous improvement through effectively engaging productions teams
- Making timely decisions and ownership to deliver results
- Working collaboratively to ensure consistent performance across teams.
- excellent communication & presentation skills
- the ability to influence and negotiate with colleagues and senior managers
- to be proactive
- the ability to make decisions and effectively manage resources
- to have good problem solving skills
Level 3 qualifications (or above) which would be advantageous would include, Leadership, Business Improvement Techniques or Performing Manufacturing Operations or Performing Engineering Operations.