Year in Industry Placement
Location: Kendal Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 20 March 2017 Ref.: PLC035 Application: 10 April 2017 Salary: £17,000
The James Cropper plc group manufactures high quality specialist paper and advanced materials. With a proud history stretching back more than 170 years at its base near Kendal in Cumbria, the company exports to customers in more than 50 countries. As we continue to accelerate our growth plans, we have an exciting opportunity for someone studying towards a degree.
To provide support to the Purchasing Department and report back on findings and experiences at the end of the placement year.
• To work as part of a Project team
• Analyse data using appropriate software
• Database management
• To produce diaries and reports throughout the year to contribute towards University degree
• Supports all activities relating to internal procedures and external accreditations (e.g. ISO standards).
• Work within the commercial purchasing function, processing requisitions and stock requirements.
• Process of month end reporting including external supplier reports and internal management accounting.
• Assists all areas of inventory management i.e. interpreting stock data (system generated or physical) and scheduling appropriate replenishments.
• End of Year presentation
Working hours – Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm