Continuous Improvement Leader
Location: Kendal, Burneside Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 12 April 2018 Ref.: JCP063 Application: 27 April 2018 Salary: Circa £46,000
This specialist materials group and makers of fine paper have an operational reach across more than 50 countries. James Cropper is a leader in each of the chosen market segments and your partner for bespoke solutions of new materials, technologies and fine paper.
We are reshaping our Paper business for the future. A new structure that will be better aligned to our strategic priorities and will drive our priority tactics to create a step change in our growth and value trajectory.
Reporting to the Head of Operations (Paper) we are looking for a Continuous Improvement leader to coach operational & engineering teams in order to deliver step change improvements across all elements of the supply chain, to have the ability to inspire leadership development on the front line, improve quality, maximise cost performance, and increase customer satisfaction across every facet of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with proven experience of:
- Leading continuous improvement efforts (Lean and / or Six Sigma) in large scale deployments – (3-5 years)
- Effectively coaching leaders on continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Capturing value through the use of CI methodologies
- Creating and executing plans to drive organisational results.
- Strong competencies in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, initiative and process discipline.
- Analytical Problem Solving: able to identify problems, apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data.
- Ability to facilitate small and large cross-functional teams and to build strong working relationships.
- Effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organisation.
Budget management and knowledge of key business financial metrics.
You will need excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills. The ability to demonstrate energy, hunger, drive & commitment to achieving outstanding results. Excellent management, coaching & development skills. Be results oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic & dedicated to achieving high performance. Strategic, analytical, innovative, organised and flexible. IT literate.