Shift Team Leader
Location: Kendal, Cumbria Job Type: Permanent Date Posted: 08 February 2018 Ref.: JCP057 Application: 02 March 2018 Salary: This is a 3 shift job and the salary is £39, 316.59 per annum
This specialist materials group and makers of fine paper have an operational reach across more than 50 countries. James Cropper is a leader in each of the chosen market segments and your partner for bespoke solutions of new materials, technologies and fine paper.
We currently have a vacancy for a Shift Team Leader. The role is crucial to the success of our business and focusses on day-to-day leadership, performance and coaching of crews, including:
- Responsibility for aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People on their shift
- Continuous improvement activity and working to engage shift crews on them
- Making timely decisions and ownership to make things happen
- Investigating and collecting data to enable preventative actions
- Working collaboratively to ensure consistent performance across shifts and areas
- Developing and executing daily and weekly production schedules.
Our ideal candidate will be educated to HNC/D level in paper making or equivalent. The job holder should have experience in Papermaking or a similar industry, including working operational knowledge of at least one area of papermaking process and machinery.